How much do lessons cost?
- All Maestoso instructors set their own rates for lessons – the average half hour lesson costs $30, but some instructors charge more for their time based on experience.
What lesson times are available?
- Since instructors are independent business owners, they set their own schedules. Maestoso staff can help you connect with your instructor, but we cannot schedule a lesson for you.
Is my student eligible for Introductory Lessons?
- Students taking introductory lessons must be starting or taking their first year of band or orchestra, regardless of age.
Who is NOT eligible for introductory lessons?
- Any student who has already had one or more years of band or orchestra – even if they are switching instruments.
- Any student who has previously taken lessons on a band or orchestra instrument.
How do Introductory Lessons work?
- Students signed up for Introductory Lessons will meet with a Maestoso instructor once a week for six weeks, at a time agreed upon by you and the instructor.
- Students have seven weeks to complete their six lessons – only one make up lesson is allowed.
How can my student continue lessons after the Introductory Lessons are over?
- You can continue to with your instructor by setting up lessons directly with them. Instructors will give you info on their regular rates and lesson schedules. Often, introductory lesson students can continue lessons at the same day and time.
What happens if an instructor is not a good match for a student?
- Maestoso has many instructors who can teach a variety of instruments. When one instructor isn’t a good fit for a student, there is always another one to try. Maestoso staff will work hard to connect you with the right instructor!